Blocking NT Authentication Attempts

I'm using server 2008 standard as a web host. I'm occassionally seeing
a number of failed outside attempts to login to the server w/ false
credentials (hammering). Is there any way to prevent this? Is there a
port I can block to keep people from attempted authentication
(windows)? Maybe a good way to say "after 3 bad auth attempts,
temporarily block IP"?

- Thanks in advance!

  • Utility to block traffic to one specific IP address
    ... Running Windows Server 2003 SP2 on a multi-homed machine. ... I want to temporarily block all incoming traffic to 10.12.1.3 on the ... I need to be able to unblock it just ...
  • Re: Utility to block traffic to one specific IP address
    ... Running Windows Server 2003 SP2 on a multi-homed machine. ... Windows utility that I can use to temporarily block all traffic to ... I want to temporarily block all incoming traffic to 10.12.1.3 on the ...
  • Re: Temporarily blocking merge agents...
    ... "How can someone temporarily block merge agents (pull subscriptions) from ... synchronizing with my server?" ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.replication)
  • Re: RWW
    ... "normal" Windows Server 2003 way... ... that this worked before trying RWW in this environment. ... enable Remote Desktop first and to add to the local Remote Desktop Users ... as well as entering credentials on the FBA logon page. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Sharing/Forwarding website credentials programatically
    ... What you are wanting is not really delegation of credentials from the portal ... can directly contact that server). ... authentication over SSL against a standard Active Directory account. ... essentially in the request-headers or URI itself. ...