Re: Block Remote Authentication (hammering)

What you're asking for is a feature of intrusion prevention systems - the next-generation firewalls with some intelligence in-built. Unfortunately there's nothing I can recommend.

Is there any reason for you not to ignore those attempts?

--
Svyatoslav Pidgorny, MCSE, RHCE
-= F1 is the key =-

* http://sl.mvps.org * http://msmvps.com/blogs/sp *

hrrglburf wrote:
I have a server 2008 standard box running websites. I check the
Security log, and there are consistent login attempts all over the
place, I do my best to block the IPs using IP policy, but they still
come. I'm wondering if there is a better way to simply block them out
w/o adding IP by IP.
.