Re: Change Administrator SID

Hi,

I will explain what happened.
One administrator created an account. Deleted the administrator account and
then renamed that account to administrator. Now the server does not consider
that user as an administrator possibly because it's SID is not the one an
administrator should have.

I need to reset the SID OR recreate the administrator user.

Sunil Sunder Raj

Al Dunbar wrote:
I'm puzzled too. By definition, *the* administrator account is the one with
a particular SID. If an account called "Administrator" has a different SID,
that might be explained by someone having renamed the Administrator account
to something else, and then renaming some other account (perhaps a guest
account) as "Administrator". In some circles this is considered a best
practice in order to try to hide the identity of the administrator account.

If it is as the OP states that the SID of the admin account has been
changed, I would be concerned that this might interfere with the stability
of the system in some way.

/Al

Hello Sunil,

[quoted text clipped - 13 lines]
administrator user. I suppose I need to edit the Sam database. Any
hints ?

.