Re: server 2003 x64 - tmcomm.sys issue

<paramr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:%23g7P2n6AJHA.4496@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi all,

All of a sudden we have been losing network connectivity to one of our
Windows Server 2003 x64 boxes and have to reboot it every time. We are
unable to remote desktop into it when this happens. The only thing we can
find is a series of errors in the Event Logs as follows:

\??\C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\tmcomm.sys has been blocked from loading
due to incompatibility with this system. Please contact your software
vendor for a compatible version of the driver.

Any ideas?

First off, I'd compare the tmcomm.sys driver on the problematic system with
the same driver on one of the other boxes - check the file size, timestamp,
and version information from explorer.

Next, what is the relative timing between the loss of connectivity and the
event log record? Does this driver ever load successfully? If not, then this
is not the cause of the loss of connectivity.

There are a few security concerns surrounding this particular driver:

http://www.file.net/process/tmcomm.sys.html
http://www.frsirt.com/english/advisories/2007/0521

/Al