Re: Mixed environment - encryption.

On Jul 20, 11:59 am, "techjoh...@xxxxxxxxx" <techjoh...@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
Hello, Group:

I'm trying to move an old DOS application (Accpac) from a Netware 4.11
server. I've made the move of the files and created the drive mapping
to the Windows Server, but when I open the application and try to
enter a module, e.g., Order Entry, the password is rejected.

Now, on the Netware 4.11 server this works fine, but running the
application from a Windows share fails by rejecting the password (to
enter the module).

Security is lax, the share is open to Full-Access.

Basically, the user logs into his/her Windows XP session and the
following drive mappings are created:

f: \\server\sys
h: \\server\sys\accpac
j: \\server\sys\accpac\userop\username

Then the user runs a bat file that starts the program, i.e., plus1.
The program starts, but when the user tries to entry a module, e.g.,
Order Entry, the password is denied.

Please help.

Much regards,

--tj

Turns out that this program (DOS based application) was missing some
critical files.

  • Clipper 5.2 & NetWare 6.5
    ... Everything worked fine on their NetWare 4.11 server, ... They get this on the dos PC when more than one person gets into the ... We have taken some file locking precautions on the NetWare ...
    (comp.lang.clipper)
  • Re: adding software
    ... I've figured out how to boot to dos and use MD to make directory. ... to unzip the file to the root of volume SYS. ... or, after installing the file and rebooting to netware 6.5, can I use ... At the server I go to the Novell button and click on install. ...
    (comp.os.netware.misc)
  • Mixed environment - encryption.
    ... I'm trying to move an old DOS application from a Netware 4.11 ... I've made the move of the files and created the drive mapping ... to the Windows Server, but when I open the application and try to ... Order Entry, the password is denied. ...
  • Re: Server sendet Dauer-Beep
    ... Unter DOS ist der Server völlig ruhig. ... Was die Hardware betrifft, die hat einige Sensoren, deren Werte bei einer SNMP-Console auflaufen: ... Andererseits ist die CPU-Last unter NetWare dauerhaft etwas erhöht. ... Beim Kopieren zum Server gibt es immer noch kurze Aussetzer. ...
    (de.comp.sys.novell)
  • Re: Clipper 5.2 & NetWare 6.5
    ... Everything worked fine on their NetWare 4.11 server, ... They get this on the dos PC when more than one person gets into the ... I had many years ago a similar problem with memory and my POS ...
    (comp.lang.clipper)