Automated CA Build Proces

I'm trying to automate the build of a CA.
My process works just fine, except for one small thing.

In addition to the CA's CN name, i would like to add the
Distinguished Name Suffix.
This is the X.500 distinguished name suffix that will be appended to
the CA name.

I only see the following unattended answer file settings.

CAType
Specifies the type of CA to install.
CSPProvider
Specifies the name of the Cryptography Service Provider (CSP).
HashAlgorithm
Specifies the hash algorithm used by the CA to sign certificates.
KeyLength
Specifies the key length for the CA.
Name
Specifies the name of the CA.
ParentCAMachine
Specifies the computer name with a CA that works as a parent CA with
the current subordinate CA installation.
ParentCAName
Specifies the parent CA name for the current subordinate CA
installation.
SharedFolder
Specifies the path to the folder that contains the configuration
information for the CA.
UseSharedFolder
Specifies whether to use the SharedFolder entry.
ValidityPeriod
Specifies the number of periods, measured in units specified by
ValidityPeriodUnits, for which the CA is valid.
ValidityPeriodUnits
Specifies the units for the validity period of the CA.

I find it hard to believe that this entry is not documented anwhere.

Any help on Setting the DN Suffix in my unnattend.inf file?

  • Re: Windows CE .inf syntax/guide
    ... "DllRegisterServer" will be called during installation, and "DllUnregisterServer" will be called during uninstallation. ... subdir - optional parameter that specifies a subdirectory on the source disk where the file can be found. ... that contains the names of the files/shortcuts to be copied to the destination directory. ... Note that the macros are different for H/PCs and P/PCs, and that P/PCs do not support all of the macros. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsce.embedded)
  • Re: Automated CA Build Proces
    ... This is the X.500 distinguished name suffix that will be appended to ... the current subordinate CA installation. ... ValidityPeriodUnits, for which the CA is valid. ...  Specifies the units for the validity period of the CA. ...
  • Re: ADAM Unattended installation
    ... I've made some progress, but not really enough... ... Using the following answer file I can see the installation ... The following line specifies to install a replica ADAM instance. ...
  • Re: ADAM Unattended installation
    ... The following line specifies to install a replica ADAM instance. ... Before installation, try to clear all registries of remanants from ... After installing, service pack SP1, we do not have this issue. ...
  • Re: How to change MSDE 2000 database default location
    ... >> Maybe setting the place in installation is the only way to get this ... Specifies the folder where Setup installs the system databases, ... For a named instance, Setup appends MSSQL$InstanceName\, ... Setup builds three folders at the specified location: ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.msde)