Re: Have you ever tried Access Based Enumaration on an SP2

I have enabled the Access based enumamartion on the shared folders. But
still i can see. I have given a user 'IDM' the full control and rest are
excluded from the list. But still any one can see.

"Marcin" <marcin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Have you actually enabled it on either all or specific shared folders on
the server? What are NTFS permissions assigned to them?

hth
Marcin

  • Re: Modify rights on every shared folders ?
    ... The problem is that old servers have specific rights on shared folders ... They are far more powerful and versatile than share permissions ... and you can control them with cacls.exe. ...
  • Re: NT backup failure
    ... Back-up fails both manual & auto with same error, permissions on both C & D look identical, shared folders use Acitve directory structure to control shared sub-folder access ... Ok, looks like I'm barking up the wrong tree, but take a look in the system event log and check that there are no disk related errors being reported. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Get back the control on security permissions setting
    ... I changed the security permissions on several shared folders on the server to as follows: ... Backup Operators --> Full Control ... Now, I can't change the security permissions on those folders anymore, not even using account with administrator right (eg. administrator account). ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • RE: Share folder security
    ... To have more control over who is accessing the shared folders, ... disable Simple File Sharing in Windows XP and then you have assign the ...