Re: Duplicate Certificate templates

Thanks a lot Paul

"Paul Adare" <pkadare@xxxxxxxxx> escribió en el mensaje
news:190yonit90rih$.12vhomv1mi7c9.dlg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Mon, 28 Jan 2008 15:18:54 +0100, Solboy wrote:

I have a CA root and a CA subordinate Microsoft Certification
Authorities. I
have duplicated the code signing template to make some changes in the
code
signing certificate template. I want my development staff to get
certificates using this template. I have created the template but when I
try
to add the new template in the certification authority console it does
not
appear.

How can I solve this???. What do I have to do so my users can request a
certificate using this template??

Duplicating a certificate template results in a Version 2 certificate
template. If you can't see the template to publish at the CA then your CA
is running on Windows Server 2003 Standard Edition. You need to be running
Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Edition to use V2 certificate templates.

--
Paul Adare
MVP - Virtual Machines

  • RE: Certsrv and Autoenrollment problem
    ... Thank you for posting to the SBS Newsgroup. ... so it will not be instantiated on the template ... Certificate Authority snap-in will show the templates in the Certificate ... Microsoft CSS Online Newsgroup Support ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: PEAP-TLS with MS NPS
    ... that other then install, and duplicate the template. ... "The user or computer certificate is configured with the Client ... Authentication purpose in Application Policies extensions (also called ... but the workstation authentication cert ...
  • Re: Problems requesting computer certificates on an issuing CA
    ... The exact permissions on my template are: ... I tried to manually enroll for a computer certificate based on ... CA allows the computers to request certificates. ...
  • Re: Error enrolling machine certs
    ... failing to enroll using Domain Controller template. ... certificate templates and to the certificate services - everything that can ... > computer as a local admin to request a computer certificate either through ...
  • Re: Win2003 server: certificate templates
    ... The best way will be to enroll from the web page. ... request a machine certificate from a user account. ... > I created a "serverCert" template by modifying the "computer" template, ... > but I cannot access "serverCert" through the mmc panel. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)