Re: Network drives show disconnected, sometimes, but still work?

In article <9e7bce31-292d-4d3a-8eb0-2dccfc5f74e9
@s19g2000prg.googlegroups.com>, kpeck@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx says...
We're having the same issue in our School District here in NH. We're
at SAV 10.0.2.2000. The next time we get a complaint, I'm going to
run down to the PC and try a registry cleaner. I'll report back any
results I get from that.

So far there is no fix.

I would reinstall 10.2 (actually 10.1.5) on the systems except we have
massive roaming profile problems with 10.2 installed.

We also have Symantec End Point Protection, but in testing it causes
problems for wireless NIC's in laptops - keeps causing their LAN
connection to drop (removing SEPP resolves it, can repeat).

I'm about to remove Symantec and switch to something else, but I've
never found anything I like better.

--

Leythos
drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist"

  • Re: Network drives show disconnected, sometimes, but still work?
    ... massive roaming profile problems with 10.2 installed. ... I'm about to remove Symantec and switch to something else, ... server, and installed AVG as a test, will run a couple days to see how ... Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented worker" is like calling a ...
  • Re: Server antivirus recommendation?
    ... I'm not some noob security person, this is how I make my living, and how ... security and penetration test every year. ... The only time I've been screwed by Symantec Corp products was when I ... Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented worker" is like calling a ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Server antivirus recommendation?
    ... let's through more carp than any other product. ... I have found malware getting through on test machines in our malware ... Symantec Corp and the newest version of SEPP when I have a choice. ... Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented worker" is like calling a ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • [Full-Disclosure] RE: Symantec wants to criminalize security info sharing
    ... Where Chief Operating Officer of Symantec, John Schwarz, was quoted as ... calling for laws to make it a criminal offense to share information and ...
    (Full-Disclosure)