Virus protection on servers?

I have 13 Windows based servers. Many of these were installed over the
last 3 months as we made the transition from being primarly a Novell
shop to Windows based servers. Here is the breakdown:

2 domain controllers/dns/dhcp
ISA Server
SQL Server
IIS
6 Application Servers

What is the consensus on whether I should have virus protection
installed on these servers? I do not have any file servers since my
NetApp SAN takes care of that. I do own McAfee's Enterprise package
which includes McAfee's VirusScan plus their add on Spam protection
piece. We have this product installed on all of our client machines, I
am not sure if it is a good idea to install on servers.

  • Re: Please help...
    ... Install NetBEUI on Windows XP ... But> the problem is only on XP professional clients to which i> am not able to install NetBuei protocol(for RAS). ... We have file servers & exchange servers located> on different boxes than the RAS server. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.ras_routing)
  • Re: failed admin pak installation - w2k3
    ... The Windows Installer service cannot update one or more protected Windows ... Jabez stated: "Disable Windows File Protection." ... I can install this admin pak in my test environment w/o any issue. ... our production servers and the installation fails with "Windows File ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.setup)
  • BITS 2.0 + Windows Installer 3.1 RC = Fail to load profile
    ... I recently installed a WSUS server which forced the install of the following ... Windows Installer 3.1 Release Candidate ... Now my Windows 2003 servers run fine after these install but my Windows 2000 ... "Windows cannot load your profile. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: Linux vs FreeBSD vs SCO
    ... This happened in the past and I've not done a lot with Linux ... things I ever learned about robustness in servers - and I only putz ... Then there is the rpm upgrade path. ... often you install an upgrade, and you find it needs something else, ...
    (comp.unix.sco.misc)
  • Is FreeBSD ready for desktop (Mozilla Flash)
    ... monitor,, somehow the install fails to detect ... "Macromedia Flash plugin is not available for FreeBSD. ... I quote again "Install the www/linuxpluginwrapper port. ... servers, ...
    (comp.unix.bsd.freebsd.misc)