Certificates Question

My DC's are squaking about failing to renew their certificates. It's stating that the RPC server is unavailable with Event ID's 13 and 16. I am not sure where the certificates are supposed to come from. I have never installed Certificate Services on any of my DC's or any other server I have running. Should this be the first DC we created in our network? It was an NT PDC that had an in place upgrade done on it. It has recently died and needed to be replaced. Its death forced us to seize the FSMO roles due to it not transferring them to another DC before it kicked the bucket. I am running Windows Server 2003 SP2 on all of my DC's (two Root DC's and two Child DC's) and all are configured as GC's and DNS. Do I need to install a CA in my domain for this to work? Everything is working at the moment but I need to settle this down.

Any Reply would be greatly appreciated -
Jon

  • Re: Secure VPN access
    ... with it's security option for the client. ... After getting the VPN connection I check the Ip settings and found the ... point to the head ISP's DNS server. ... > Computer certificates for L2TP/IPSec VPN connections ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • RE: L2TP/IPSEC site-to-site question
    ... seems more difficult on Windows and Isa 2000 mix, ... If I want to use certificates what type I have to use? ... > site-to-site VPN connection. ... > Site-to-Site VPN in ISA Server 2004 ...
    (microsoft.public.isa)
  • Re: Vista wireless using IAS and WPA-Enterprise
    ... certificates, which may be more than the limit that the IAS server can send ... on a Web site or if you use IAS in Windows Server 2003 ... Vista wireless using IAS and WPA-Enterprise ...
  • RE: L2TP/IPSEC site-to-site question
    ... Microsoft Internet Security and Acceleration (ISA) Server 2004 ... >site-to-site vpn connection. ... >My concerns are about the certificates part. ...
    (microsoft.public.isa)
  • Re: IAS EAP (PEAP)
    ... > IAS is registered with AD so I am okay there. ... If you create the server cert using the information below, ... Use this procedure to configure IAS server certificates for use with PEAP ...
    (microsoft.public.internet.radius)