Re: USER AND TERMINAL SERVER

I'm having a similar issue,

We have a Terminal Services system: the system is headless and sits in a server rack, the machine was fine, allowed users to log on, this is for VPN users to have a desktop in the office. the system is running Windows server 2003 R2 SP2, it has just been set to be a MEMBER of our domain, so that users don't have to change their passwords in multiple places, and now the users can not log in, I get the message saying "to log on to this computer, you must be granted the allow log on through terminal services....." the user is a member of "Remote Desktop Users" on the domain controller, if I set the user into the "administrators" group, they still can't log on, but if I change to "Domain Admins" then they can. this is a problem as it is a terminal system, there is no physical access to the system.

I also don't know how to set "logon at server" for the user, and will this still work given the server is not a domain controller but a member of the domain?

/J

"JP" <aspento_quitar_para_correo_@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:un85Os5wHHA.1776@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
OK, where can I to config "logon at server" for the user, adding it to an OU
or how?. Thanks a lot.

"Al Dunbar" <AlanDrub@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> escribió en el mensaje
I'll ask you again: can the user in question logon to the actual, physical
server in question. directly, not through remote desktop? If he cannot,
then
you should provide, not full administrator access, but just "logon at
server" in addition to making him a "remote desktop user".

/Al

.