I'm having a similar issue,

We have a Terminal Services system: the system is headless and sits in a server rack, the machine was fine, allowed users to log on, this is for VPN users to have a desktop in the office. the system is running Windows server 2003 R2 SP2, it has just been set to be a MEMBER of our domain, so that users don't have to change their passwords in multiple places, and now the users can not log in, I get the message saying "to log on to this computer, you must be granted the allow log on through terminal services....." the user is a member of "Remote Desktop Users" on the domain controller, if I set the user into the "administrators" group, they still can't log on, but if I change to "Domain Admins" then they can. this is a problem as it is a terminal system, there is no physical access to the system.

I also don't know how to set "logon at server" for the user, and will this still work given the server is not a domain controller but a member of the domain?

"JP" <aspento_quitar_para_correo_@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:un85Os5wHHA.1776@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
OK, where can I to config "logon at server" for the user, adding it to an OU
or how?. Thanks a lot.

"Al Dunbar" <AlanDrub@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> escribió en el mensaje
I'll ask you again: can the user in question logon to the actual, physical
server in question. directly, not through remote desktop? If he cannot,
you should provide, not full administrator access, but just "logon at
server" in addition to making him a "remote desktop user".

"JP" <aspento_quitar_para_correo_@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> Yes, with the user "administrator" I can open a remote desktop session,
> and
> if I add the user that can not logon
> thru terminal server to the administrators group, he can access thru
> terminal server. Thanks.
> "Al Dunbar" <AlanDrub@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> escribió en el mensaje
>> Can you open a remote desktop session using an account having local
>> administrator rights on the server? Can the user in question logon
> directly
>> at the server? It could be that one needs logonAtServer privilege in
>> addition to remote desktop privileges. Or alternately, could there be
>> some
>> policy in place that denies him access?
>> /Al
>> "JP" <aspento_quitar_para_correo_@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>> > He is attempting to connect to 2003 Server thru Terminal Server from
> XP
>> > desktop, and he is memnber of "remote desktop users" group on the
> server.
>> > Thanks.
>> >

>> > "Al Dunbar" <AlanDrub@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> escribió en el mensaje
>> > the

>> > Desktop
>> > work.

> user

Relevant Pages

  • RE: Tracing source of remote logons
    ... Logon type 10 is interpreted to RemoteInteractive. ... easy to distinguish true console logons from a remote desktop session. ... Open 'Server Management console', navigate to Users snap-in. ... Microsoft CSS Online Newsgroup Support ...
  • Re: Users Cant Log Into Local Machine That Is Attached To A Domai
    ... Are you trying to access to a T.S server? ... Are you trying to access via RDC (Remote desktop connection) to a Windows ... Terminal Services Client Error Message: You Do Not Have Access to Logon to ... You do not have access to logon to the Session. ...
  • RE: security logon failures
    ... who can access it and remote desktop is disabled. ... logon advapi which is showing up under failure, ... SBSNTSRV2 is your only server, If so, As you said, the only one who can ... server have remote desktop enabled and one or multiple client computer are ...
  • Re: Remote Desktop Immediately disconnecting
    ... Can you please also try logon to physical console? ... > in case of a Terminal Server session that you're being logged off. ... > sure this user also figures in the "Remote Desktop Users" group. ... >> "Saving your personal profile" and then closes the connection. ...
  • Re: users can not access TS PLEASE HELP
    ... when I tried to check the Linceses on the server ... member of Domain Users, Remote Desktop User, Administrators" ... Remote Desktop User" ... Special privileges assigned to new logon: ...