Re: USER AND TERMINAL SERVER

OK, where can I to config "logon at server" for the user, adding it to an OU
or how?. Thanks a lot.

"Al Dunbar" <AlanDrub@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> escribió en el mensaje
I'll ask you again: can the user in question logon to the actual, physical
server in question. directly, not through remote desktop? If he cannot,
then
you should provide, not full administrator access, but just "logon at
server" in addition to making him a "remote desktop user".

/Al

"JP" <aspento_quitar_para_correo_@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Yes, with the user "administrator" I can open a remote desktop session,
and
if I add the user that can not logon
thru terminal server to the administrators group, he can access thru
terminal server. Thanks.

"Al Dunbar" <AlanDrub@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> escribió en el mensaje
Can you open a remote desktop session using an account having local
administrator rights on the server? Can the user in question logon
directly
at the server? It could be that one needs logonAtServer privilege in
addition to remote desktop privileges. Or alternately, could there be
some
policy in place that denies him access?

/Al

"JP" <aspento_quitar_para_correo_@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
He is attempting to connect to 2003 Server thru Terminal Server from
XP
desktop, and he is memnber of "remote desktop users" group on the
server.
Thanks.

"Al Dunbar" <AlanDrub@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> escribió en el mensaje
Which group did you at the user to, the "remote desktop users" group
on
the
server, in the domain, or on the workstation from which the user is
attempting to open an RDP session on?

/Al

"JP" <aspento_quitar_para_correo_@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Yes, I added to that group, and It does not work.

"Martin X." <martin@xxx> escribió en el mensaje
Are you saying that you added the user to the group named "Remote
Desktop
Users?" That's the group that Windows creates by default and
should
work.

"JP" <aspento_quitar_para_correo_@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Hi! I have a user on a 2003 Server wich is member of group
"users".
made
this user member os group "users of remote desktop" to allow this
user
logon from terminal server, but when I try it, appears a window
telling
can't login because I have no permission. What can I do?. Thanks.

  • RE: Tracing source of remote logons
    ... Logon type 10 is interpreted to RemoteInteractive. ... easy to distinguish true console logons from a remote desktop session. ... Open 'Server Management console', navigate to Users snap-in. ... Microsoft CSS Online Newsgroup Support ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • RE: The local policy of this system does not allow you to log on inter
    ... If the server is a 2003 Member Server, then the only things required for RDP ... Member of the local Remote Desktop User's Group, or a group with User & ... Users do NOT require the logon locally right for 2003 TS, ... Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server ...
  • Re: Users Cant Log Into Local Machine That Is Attached To A Domai
    ... Are you trying to access to a T.S server? ... Are you trying to access via RDC (Remote desktop connection) to a Windows ... Terminal Services Client Error Message: You Do Not Have Access to Logon to ... You do not have access to logon to the Session. ...
  • RE: security logon failures
    ... who can access it and remote desktop is disabled. ... logon advapi which is showing up under failure, ... SBSNTSRV2 is your only server, If so, As you said, the only one who can ... server have remote desktop enabled and one or multiple client computer are ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Remote Desktop Immediately disconnecting
    ... Can you please also try logon to physical console? ... > in case of a Terminal Server session that you're being logged off. ... > sure this user also figures in the "Remote Desktop Users" group. ... >> "Saving your personal profile" and then closes the connection. ...