Re: USER AND TERMINAL SERVER

Yes, with the user "administrator" I can open a remote desktop session, and
if I add the user that can not logon
thru terminal server to the administrators group, he can access thru
terminal server. Thanks.

"Al Dunbar" <AlanDrub@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> escribió en el mensaje
Can you open a remote desktop session using an account having local
administrator rights on the server? Can the user in question logon
directly
at the server? It could be that one needs logonAtServer privilege in
addition to remote desktop privileges. Or alternately, could there be some
policy in place that denies him access?

/Al

"JP" <aspento_quitar_para_correo_@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
He is attempting to connect to 2003 Server thru Terminal Server from a
XP
desktop, and he is memnber of "remote desktop users" group on the
server.
Thanks.

"Al Dunbar" <AlanDrub@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> escribió en el mensaje
Which group did you at the user to, the "remote desktop users" group on
the
server, in the domain, or on the workstation from which the user is
attempting to open an RDP session on?

/Al

"JP" <aspento_quitar_para_correo_@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Yes, I added to that group, and It does not work.

"Martin X." <martin@xxx> escribió en el mensaje
Are you saying that you added the user to the group named "Remote
Desktop
Users?" That's the group that Windows creates by default and should
work.

"JP" <aspento_quitar_para_correo_@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Hi! I have a user on a 2003 Server wich is member of group "users".
made
this user member os group "users of remote desktop" to allow this
user
logon from terminal server, but when I try it, appears a window
telling
can't login because I have no permission. What can I do?. Thanks.

  • Re: Terminal Server and Local Policy
    ... It is not a question of "user profiles" (you can have those on Windows 98 ... A Terminal Server can not "override" client ... icon to connect to the Terminal Server, they can not logon to the Terminal ... "Remote Desktop Users" group have the right to logon via Terminal Services. ...
  • Re: Cant log on locally to XP after RDP session
    ... To control the ability to logon to your Terminal Servers via Remote Desktop, use membership of each server's local Remote Desktop Users group, except for DCs where you would use a combination of the Domain Local RDU group and RDP-Tcp listener object permissions. ... The "Deny this user permissions to log on to any Terminal Server" check box in the user account properties is *not* used in most cases. ...
  • Re: Domain Users cant execute applications on SBServer
    ... execute the program on the Terminal Server. ... the domain user logon workstation have administrator permission ... Add the domain users group to Terminal Server local Administrators group: ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Cant log on locally to XP after RDP session
    ... To control the ability to logon to your Terminal Servers via Remote ... use membership of each server's local Remote Desktop Users ... The "Deny this user permissions to log on to any Terminal Server" ...
  • Re: Terminal server (4 people who took the 70-290 Exam).
    ... The policy of the terminal server does not allow logon ... local administrators and members of Remote Desktop Users ... The Interactive Logon Privilege has been disabled. ... Server is not selected. ...
    (microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcsa)