Re: Missing PC - Want to know who last logged on

"Hugh" <Hugh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:15C2B295-CC9B-4803-879B-18B12F6ECB1D@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
We have a PC that is missing. It is a domain-based PC on a Win 2003 domain.
I have all security event logs from all domain controllers, but no access to
the missing PC's event logs. I also have access to SMS. In the event logs,
I have found several entries for the PC, but can't figure out how to
determine who last logged on. Is it possible without the PC's event logs?
Or with SMS? Thanks.

when did SMS take the last snapshot?
In SMS Server 2003 I have a query Last Logon per PC with following query statement:

select SMS_R_System.Name, SMS_R_System.LastLogonUserDomain, SMS_R_System.LastLogonUserName, SMS_R_System.ADSiteName, SMS_R_System.IPAddresses, SMS_G_System_WORKSTATION_STATUS.TimeStamp from SMS_R_System inner join SMS_G_System_WORKSTATION_STATUS on SMS_G_System_WORKSTATION_STATUS.ResourceID = SMS_R_System.ResourceId

Maybe this can give you some more details.
Best greetings from Germany