Re: need some help on this one

I found out what is running and failing. Its the OWSTimer.exe file. I
googled it and some say its spyware and some say its part of SharePoint. Now
I do have SharePoint on my server. So am I stuck with this error all the
time now or is there a way to fix it?

"Suheyla" <Suheyla@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Hi Mike,
Danny is rigth, but if you have already installed one then :

The log says that it is logon type 4 that means batch logon, so there is a
program tries to connect some resources, and also it gave the caller
process
ID ; if you check the windows task manager with process id (view -- select
column) then you can find which program is generating this error.

Suheyla

"Mike" wrote:

lets just start off by saying I'm a developer and no longer a
server
admin BUT I'm doing some server admin work to help out.

Ok, on one of my Windows 2003 servers I keep getting this error in the
event
viewer and I've done some research on it and I'm getting information from
spy ware, a virus to something Microsoft uses to even a worm. Can anyone
shed some light on this for me?

Logon Failure:
Reason: Unknown user name or bad password
User Name: testUSER
Domain: Bulldog
Logon Type: 4
Logon Process: Advapi
Authentication Package: Negotiate
Workstation Name: FileSystemServerABCD01
Caller User Name: userName
Caller Domain: Bulldog
Caller Logon ID: (0x0,0x2990D)
Caller Process ID: 4076
Transited Services: -
Source Network Address: -
Source Port: -

any suggestions on what can be causing this? an update. patch, etc
anything?

  • Re: ISA SERVER NOT STARTING
    ... I delete the nat/basic firewall and stop and started the RRAS an tried to ... There were no critical events in the DNS Server Log in the last 24 hours. ... An error occurred during logon ... Caller User Name: - ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Event ID 529
    ... First is a hardware firewall that sits on the perimeter of your network and requires that your users give user names and passwords, different from those for the network. ... Sometimes the Logon Type is different, also the User Name can be ... Computer: <SERVER NAME> ... Caller User Name: $ ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Another security question/issue.
    ... Time to audit your server and workstations with AV, Malware, and installed ... Logon Process: Advapi ... Caller User Name: servername$ ... Source Port: - ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Logon 529 Errors
    ... Default SMTP Virtual Server properties-Access tab-Relay ... Connection filtering is different from what inna is attempting, ... These are almost surely SMTP logon attempts, ... Caller User Name: DELLSERVER$ ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Logon 529 Errors
    ... connection has been found on the black list, my DNS server ... Connection filtering is different from what inna is attempting, ... These are almost surely SMTP logon attempts, ... Caller User Name: DELLSERVER$ ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)