Location of SFPCOPY.EXE Utility?

This is in regard to the issue I posted here:
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.windows.server.security/browse_thread/thread/5445d002a051a96f/35ed79bc6950f4ec?lnk=st&q=%22windows+media+player+remote+code+execution%22&rnum=2#35ed79bc6950f4ec

Microsoft is telling me that a workaround for this issue would be to rename,
delete or move the un-patched version of WMP6.4 binary (dxmasf.dll) to help
secure your system. Also, they are saying that we can replace the un-patched
verison of WMP6.4 binary (dxmasf.dll) with the patched version.

Unfortunately I have tried doing these steps without luck due to System File
Protection (Windows File Protection). I mentioned this to them and they tell
me that I should be able to use the SFPCOPY.EXE tool/utility to do the
trick. They say that this utility is included with every Windows
installation, however, it does not seem to exist on any of the Windows
servers in our organization. I have told them this and they say that they do
not know why it is not on my systems, nor where the tool can be downloaded.

Does anyone know where I can find this SFPCOPY.EXE utility??

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Tony

  • Re: Replacing Calculator????
    ... | You can't rename Calculator in Windows XP. ... | HOW TO Verify That Windows File Protection Is Running ... | shadoe hunted and pecked: ... Instead over overwriting the old file with the new one, just rename the old file and then rename ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Odd Screen Saver Question
    ... Then it's an old 16-bit screen saver, ... Use the "Dependency Walker" (part of the "Windows Support ... and found out that as soon as I try to rename the listed .scr, ... "Description of the Windows File Protection Feature" ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: scan for file corruption
    ... Windows XP has the ability to protect itself from system instability caused by ... Windows File Protection is always enabled and allows Windows ... see if there are any corrupt system files using scannow sfc. ... NB - The dllcache folder is extremely important so Windows XP hides it from ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers)
  • Re: Error Message when trying to open Word 2000
    ... "John B." ... - I am using Windows ME so I do not have Compatibility ... :>However if you want to rename the old key back then I ... :>add-ins, Normal.dot, Registry, etc. ...
  • Re: Lost document When I Changed Its Name Please Help!
    ... those with a file extension associated with Word. ... > rename the document in Windows Explorer. ... >>to open it by double-clicking in an Exploring window. ...