Re: Kerberos DES encryption
- From: Nick Domukhovsky <ndomukhovsky@xxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2007 11:26:49 +0600
According to my understanding the DES cipher strength for DES-CBC-MD5
is 56 bits. There is a distinct 3DES-CBC-MD5 but I'm not sure
Microsoft ever implemented it and I don't think it was ever widely
available for UNIX either.
Hmm... Really so... But as I can see newer versions of MIT Kerberos
supports RC4-HMAC, so one can configure Kerberos interoperability
without DES encryption...
With best regards
Nickolay Domukhovsky, MCSA
- Prev by Date: windows firewall question (multihomed system)
- Next by Date: Re: Pass Through Authentication chooses wrong user account on remote server??
- Previous by thread: Re: Kerberos DES encryption
- Next by thread: Domain Controller Certificates and moving to a new server or removing them?