Re: Is NETWORK SERVICE Member of Users Group?

"Will" <westes-usc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Is the NETWORK SERVICE account an implied member of the Users group? A
Microsoft support rep is telling me it is, but I have plenty of cases here
where I am not able to give that account access to a resource with Users,

strange as its token has builtin\Users in it

but only with either Authenticated Users or with an explicit DACL
permission
to NETWORK SERVICE.

Also, please confirm that NT_AUTHORITY\NetworkService is the same as the
local computer object named NETWORK SERVICE.

AFAIK yes, just differently displayed.

  • Is NETWORK SERVICE Member of Users Group?
    ... Is the NETWORK SERVICE account an implied member of the Users group? ... Microsoft support rep is telling me it is, but I have plenty of cases here ...
  • Re: IIS7: cannot access a database from a page with authentication on local webserver
    ... I'd suggest you add Network Service as well. ... Microsoft Online Community Support ... where an initial response from the community or a Microsoft Support ... project analysis and dump analysis issues. ...
  • Re: Is NETWORK SERVICE Member of Users Group?
    ... Microsoft support rep is telling me it is, but I have plenty of cases ... where I am not able to give that account access to a resource with Users, ... Maybe its membership is indirect via Authenticated Users? ... And it would explain my SACL failures from NETWORK SERVICE, ...