Is NETWORK SERVICE Member of Users Group?

Is the NETWORK SERVICE account an implied member of the Users group? A
Microsoft support rep is telling me it is, but I have plenty of cases here
where I am not able to give that account access to a resource with Users,
but only with either Authenticated Users or with an explicit DACL permission
to NETWORK SERVICE.

Also, please confirm that NT_AUTHORITY\NetworkService is the same as the
local computer object named NETWORK SERVICE.

--
Will

  • Re: RWW
    ... Add Local Service and Network Service account Read & Execute, ... Consider> granting access rights to the resource to the ASP.NET request identity. ... System.Web.Compilation.PreservedAssemblyEntry.EnsureFirstTimeInit(HttpContex> t context) +98 ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: SBS wont pass Internet Connection every once a while!!!
    ... I did the registry modification and thank you. ... How many NICs are you installed on your SBS server? ... > As for the error of the DHCP, the issue may occur if the Network Service ... > Network Service account is a predefined local account that is used to ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Help! I changed the Logon properties for Remote procedure Call (RPC) service & cant change b
    ... If this service is stopped or disabled, programs using COM or Remote Procedure Call (RPC) services will not function properly." ... the original Network Service account to use the Local System account. ... I thought if I changed the Logon ...
  • Network Service on Windows Server 2008 cannot mount a share
    ... is able to mount the UNC and then use it without any problems. ... be allowed to access the network at all, but not Network Service. ... If I change the app pool to run as a created user account, ... 2003 that makes it so the Network Service account is no longer able to ...
  • RE: ISA2004 "configuration changes saved to storage, failed to load ch
    ... The Network Service account must be added to the policy settings in the ... Microsoft CSS Online Newsgroup Support ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)