Re: Window Computer Locks

Ahh, I understand now. The settings I provided were specific to terminal
services terminating sessions after periods of inactivity. They would not
stop the locking process.

Also to clarify, you changed which value to 'Never'? All three of them
(active/idle/disconnect)?

The session is locking. And you have ensured that both the local account
screensaver setting is set to disable the screensaver being activated in that
time period AND that there is no group policy affecting the PC that would
enforce such a setting?
--
Wayne Anderson

"AndyR" wrote:

Thanks for the response. However, the instruction you provided below, we
have tried and it does not appear to be these that are causing the timeout.
(We set them to Never and still get the same result)

We also looked at the screensaver timeout which was set to 10 minutes, this
is also not set.

The session is definately locking after 30 minutes of being idle.

Initially we thought the timeout we wanted to change was the session
timeout, which we configured the settings you suggested below but this did
not affect it. Neither did changing the relevant setting in the group
policy.

Any more suggestions would be much appreciated.

Andy

"Wayne Anderson" <waynea@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Which timeout are you trying to change? The screensaver (lock session)
timeout? or the timeout/termination of the session in Terminal Services?

I would strongly recommend taking a look at this tutorial on Terminal
Services Group Policy in Windows Server 2003:
http://www.windowsnetworking.com/articles_tutorials/Terminal-Services-Group-Policy.html

In the meantime, this can be modified on a per-server basis:
Go to Administrative Tools -> Terminal Services Configuration.

From the left side, choose the connections folder. On the right side,
right-click the RDP-Tcp object and choose "properties". Click the
"Sessions"
tab.

Check the top override user setting checkbox. Set the
active/idle/disconnect-terminate settings according to what you need.
Click
"ok".

Hope this helps!

--
Wayne Anderson

"AndyR" wrote:

We are currently running Terminal Services on a Windows Server 2003.

We have users under Terminal Services which have a requirement to have
the sessions remain active beyond the default 30 minutes. This normally
can be achieved using the group policy option which we will be using at
some point for the timeout of the active sessions and idle sessions.

Our problem is this, after 30 minutes of inactivity, the session changes
to the 'Unlock Computer' dialog screen which requests the users
password. While we do not necessarily have a problem with this dialog
coming up, we do need to change the 30 minute timeout.

Where, if there is anywhere, in Windows or Terminal Services can/do we
change this default timeout?

Regards
Andy

  • Re: SSH Sessions drop after inactivity, new in 10.5.2
    ... I run Terminal on my Mac and have several SSH sessions going with Linux ... but I don't believe it's the Linux end that's terminating the ...
    (comp.sys.mac.system)
  • Re: SSH Sessions drop after inactivity, new in 10.5.2
    ... I run Terminal on my Mac and have several SSH sessions going with Linux ... but I don't believe it's the Linux end that's terminating the ...
    (comp.sys.mac.system)
  • SSH Sessions drop after inactivity, new in 10.5.2
    ... I run Terminal on my Mac and have several SSH sessions going with Linux ... but I don't believe it's the Linux end that's terminating the ...
    (comp.sys.mac.system)
  • Servlet Session Management Question
    ... If multiple browsers access a Servlet, ... for each browser, Does the Servlet have all of the information it ... needs to be able to pick and choose across those sessions, ... purposes of terminating a specific session? ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)
  • Re: Window Computer Locks
    ... We have disabled the server timeout and most sessions work fine with it. ... time period AND that there is no group policy affecting the PC that would ... Go to Administrative Tools -> Terminal Services Configuration. ...