Re: Request certificate to a CA in Windows server 2003

In article <1169833480.121148.19840
@j27g2000cwj.googlegroups.com>, in the
microsoft.public.windows.server.security news group, Mugdha
<mugdhashedekar@xxxxxxxxx> says...

I have installed the Stand alone Root CA on a Windows Server 2003
Standard Edition. I want two programs to have certificates. Could you
please tell me how to request a certificate to CA? I have installed
IIS, but when i do http://localhost/certsrv I get an error. Is there
any other way that I can request a certificate?

Did you have IIS installed before you installed Certificate
Services? If not, that's your problem. At a command prompt, run
certutil -vroot

If that's not the problem, you're going to have to be more
specific about the error.

--
Paul Adare - MVP Virtual Machines
Waiting for a bus is about as thrilling as fishing,

  • Re: Computer and User Certificates Issues
    ... Enrollment of User Certificates using the custom v2 User Certificate Template ... I can NOT request the custom v2 Computer Cert nor the included v1 no ... Concerning permissions, these are the exact permissions I am using now: ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: Cannot request computer certificate.
    ... request a computer certificate for about 9 months. ... and verify that you can get a computer/server certificate from it. ... List of NetBt transports currently bound to the Redir ... DNS Host Name: srvr3.domain.com ...
  • RE: SIMple SSL question ??
    ... OK - i would also delete a cert request file lying around. ... But a certificate is a pub key + extra info. ... That said - if someone compromises the server he will also find a way to retrieve the private key. ... traffic between the initial web server and the client. ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.security)
  • Re: how can we restrict what certificate WSE will use?
    ... the valid x509 certificate which is used to identify him'. ... X509SecurityTokenManager to verify the request is from a trusted client. ... the problem is that he can not passed the authentication (suppose we ... > decrypte and signature validation process. ...
  • Re: Web Certificate Enrollment security problem
    ... Enrollment works only with the NetBIOS Name and not with the FQDN. ... Svyatoslav Pidgorny, MS MVP - Security, MCSE ... access auditing and logging "issue and manage certificate requests" on ... Have seen that there is a component "Certsrv Request" when launching ...
    (microsoft.public.security)