Re: logon as service rights lost

This post is difficult to understand.

What do you mean by "AD Updates / Syncronizes the network"?

What do you mean by "more servers was installed on the same server"?

My expectation is that someone set up a domain level or OU level Group Policy that is setting the who can logon as a service right. When you enter the password, the system immediately adds the account to the local policy and then you start the service. Then along comes the group policy and cleans it back up as it is being told to do. Then the next time the service has to be stopped and started all of a sudden the account doesn't have rights again so you go through the set the password trick again when you should be looking for what Group Policies are being applied and fix the root problem.

Author of O'Reilly Active Directory Third Edition
www.joeware.net

---O'Reilly Active Directory Third Edition now available---

http://www.joeware.net/win/ad3e.htm

Bjarup wrote:
Hi
In a win2003 server running SQL2005, IIS and other applications, I have an application that runs under a domain account and has been added to the local administrators grup. The application (server) runs as a service under the mentioned account. The account sometimes loses its "logon as service" rights when the AD updates / syncronizes the network. All that is needed to restore the accounts rights is to re-enter the password in the properties pane of the service (maybe there is another solution, but I don't know of any).

About 6 months ago i read what I believe to be a KB-article on the subject, stating that this situation could occur when more servers was installed on the same server.

But now I cannot seem to find this KB-article...

I really need this article. Please help, someone, anyone..

Thanks,
Bjarup

  • Re: Logon Server Unavailable
    ... There are currently no logon servers available to service ... You use a office laptop to connect the office VPN, when you map a network ... you may receive this message: "This account is the ... The server is not configured for transactions"> "A domain controller for your domain could not be contacted" ...
  • Re: Logon Server Unavailable
    ... There are currently no logon servers available to service ... You use a office laptop to connect the office VPN, when you map a network ... you may receive this message: "This account is the ... The server is not configured for transactions"> "A domain controller for your domain could not be contacted" ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.dns)
  • Re: Logon Server Unavailable
    ... There are currently no logon servers available to service ... You use a office laptop to connect the office VPN, when you map a network ... you may receive this message: "This account is the ... The server is not configured for transactions"> "A domain controller for your domain could not be contacted" ...
  • Re: User getting "Account is Locked Out" for 2 days
    ... Then pull the network cable from that system to disconnect ... making this local profile newer than the one on the server. ... out what is going on...i have gone into his account and unchecked ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: XP HOME does not work like XP PRO
    ... >>>network (although the other two PC PRSs can see, but not access the PC HOME. ... >>>I have all users and administrators set ut identically on all three machines. ... >server as all my machines are simply plugged into a Netgear ADSL router. ... >BTW is it normal that each machine has an account administrator, ...