allow start/stop a specific service through GPO

I need to allow users/programs that have certan (old) ms-dos programs to
start few specific (new) services through GPO on my domain controller. I
found how to allow users to start services(Comp. config->win
settings->Sec.settings->System Services) but these services aren't on the
list of services in my GPO, is there a way to add them or something
Been searching net but could not find.

  • Re: Help with GPO problem! PLEASE!!
    ... How do I create a new GPO? ... I am racking my brain on this problem with a Windows 2003 Standard ... >> Configuration information could not be read from the domain controller, ... Failed to open the Group Policy Object. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.group_policy)
  • Re: Unable to promote a new server
    ... I noticed the Default Domain Controller policy ... to recommend that you utilize Windows Server 2003 Default Group Policy ... Dcgpofix tool, Microsoft recommends that as soon as you run it, you review ... Q267553 How to Reset User Rights in the Default Domain Controllers GPO ...
  • Re: Scripted LDAP Searches
    ... It has a facility for searching for the GPO, and then linking it to a container, and even setting it to the highest priority in the list. ... When running the application from our test server, and talking to the same domain controller in production, the array order that is returned is different when running the application from production server. ...
  • GPOStatus
    ... > guid and select properties/security to see and manage security on a GPO. ... I am racking my brain on this problem with a Windows 2003 Standard ... >> Configuration information could not be read from the domain controller, ... Failed to open the Group Policy Object. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.group_policy)
  • Adding GPOs to Default Domain Controllers Policy
    ... In an effort to setup this GPO, I attempted to edit the Default Domain ... Controllers Policy Object by adding the firewall configuration settings ... While the adjusted policy did get applied to the "primary" DC where I ran ... Is adding this type of addition to the Default Domain Controller Policy ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.group_policy)