Functions of Port 445?

Other than file sharing in a Kerberos environment, what functions are
performed by port 445? On a test machine, I uinstalled the File and Print
item for the network adapter, which uinstalls the Server service. Even
after rebooting in that condition, port 445 is listening for both UDP and
TCP, as shown by NETSTAT -AN. So you would have to conclude that there are
other functions being performed by 445 other than file sharing.

--
Will

  • Re: Functions of Port 445?
    ... get rid of all NetBios over Tcp/Ip) ... performed by port 445? ... which uinstalls the Server service. ... other functions being performed by 445 other than file sharing. ...
  • Re: sharing connection
    ... Configuring a port "just for that particular program" probably means ... only assigns which machine gets the file sharing junk. ... Most file sharing programs have built in bandwidth limiters, ...
    (alt.internet.wireless)
  • Re: How to prevent my IP address from being bcast
    ... > continued for 38 minutes working their way up in port numbers, ... I am at a loss to figure this out other than maybe turn off ... > file sharing, which then has to be turned back on when I want to connect ... Use a pair of wire cutters on your connection. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • How to prevent my IP address from being bcast
    ... continued for 38 minutes working their way up in port numbers, ... guessing they knew I was there, I am running Zonealarm, vs 395 ... file sharing, which then has to be turned back on when I want to connect to ... (the IP sending, not the finger breaking) ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: How to prevent my IP address from being bcast
    ... > continued for 38 minutes working their way up in port numbers, ... > this beast.. ... I am at a loss to figure this out other than maybe turn off ... > file sharing, which then has to be turned back on when I want to connect to ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)