Firewalls That Report / Filter Just Incoming Connections?
- From: "Will" <westes-usc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2006 18:57:03 -0800
Is there a "personal firewall" that does a good job of reporting / filtering
incoming and outgoing connections that violate the firewall policy? A
good solution might be simply letting me set up views of the firewall log so
I can view it in different ways that suit my usage, in real time as well as
After being away from the computer, I would like for example to see just the
failed incoming connections. I would like to be able to further filter
things so that certain expected connection types I can ignore and not see in
the log (e.g., port 137).
The tool gets brownie points if it can not only tell me about an incoming
RPC, but can elaborate what RPC or DCOM service was requested.
- Prev by Date: Re: Trust for a (locally-issued) Certificate Authority
- Next by Date: Re: Fingerprint
- Previous by thread: Trust for a (locally-issued) Certificate Authority
- Next by thread: Re: Firewalls That Report / Filter Just Incoming Connections?