Re: Able to Mount File Share With File Print Sharing Off

"Paul Adare" <padare@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
In article <q9udnQYw_u8Ek9nYnZ2dnUVZ_sKdnZ2d@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, in the
microsoft.public.windows.server.security news group, Will <westes-
usc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> says...

I have a Windows 2003 server where I turned off File and Printer
Sharing,
then "shared" a folder in the root of the C: drive and had no problem
mounting it locally as the t: drive. I then went to T: and was able to
view all the files.

Try connecting to the share from another computer on the network.
Connecting to a share on the local computer from the local computer does
not use the NIC so disabling F&P sharing on the NIC will have no impact
on what you're doing.

Got it. That might actually be considered a feature. Thanks.

--
Will

  • Re: Able to Mount File Share With File Print Sharing Off
    ... mounting it locally as the t: ... File & Printer Sharing is turned off?! ... Try connecting to the share from another computer on the network. ... Connecting to a share on the local computer from the local computer does ...
  • Re: Able to Mount File Share With File Print Sharing Off
    ... File & Printer Sharing is turned off?! ... Try connecting to the share from another computer on the network. ... Connecting to a share on the local computer from the local computer does ... Paul Adare - MVP Virtual Machines ...
  • Re: Connectivty problem from NON domain users
    ... What tool are you connecting from? ... Do you know for sure that you are trying to connect via SQL Authentication? ... while I am logged to the computer with a local computer. ... Any domain account can has no problem. ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.clients)
  • Re: connection string for another sql server on lan
    ... Having a problem connecting from the IIS server ... > referenced memory at 0x0000000" The memory could not be read. ... > The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or ... > DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.general)
  • Re: backing up (cloning) internal HD to external HD
    ... microsoft.public.security news group, Sean ... this is a security news group. ... Go to your local computer ...
    (microsoft.public.security)