Re: Able to Mount File Share With File Print Sharing Off

"Paul Adare" <padare@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
In article <q9udnQYw_u8Ek9nYnZ2dnUVZ_sKdnZ2d@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, in the news group, Will <westes-
usc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> says...

I have a Windows 2003 server where I turned off File and Printer
then "shared" a folder in the root of the C: drive and had no problem
mounting it locally as the t: drive. I then went to T: and was able to
view all the files.

Try connecting to the share from another computer on the network.
Connecting to a share on the local computer from the local computer does
not use the NIC so disabling F&P sharing on the NIC will have no impact
on what you're doing.

Got it. That might actually be considered a feature. Thanks.