Re: Able to Mount File Share With File Print Sharing Off

"Will" <westes-usc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
"Roger Abell [MVP]" <mvpNoSpam@xxxxxxx> wrote in message
How did you turn F&P off Will?
If by clearing the checkbox on an interface, then are there
multiple interfaces, and did the box get bounced just to
make sure the net stack reinitialized?
It is really the server service that is the way to shut off
sharing for the whole box with certainty.

There is only one ethernet interface on this box, and that is the one for
which File & Print Sharing is deselected. It was disabled before the
machine was booted, so I'm sure it is a clean stable configuration.

I had not disabled the server service. I will do that, but can you
help
me understand what File & Printer Sharing is controlling if it isn't File
&
Printer Sharing? :)

Hey Will,

Sorry about the miscue - I totally read right past your indication
that you were using a one machine test.

Roger

.