Hide folders / files with no access

Is there a way to set permissions on a folder so that it will only be seen
if the user has access to it? Currently it displays the folder, but gives an
access denied if someone tries to click on it. Is it possible to not even
display things that the users don't have access to? I know this can done on
Novell, but can't figure out how to set it in Windows.

Many thanks in advance.

  • Re: HDD SECURITY
    ... Which likely would have lead you down the path of "how to set permissions on ... files and folders" - and a search for that in the built in Windows XP Help ... To set, view, change, or remove file and folder permissions ...
  • Re: Access Denied?!
    ... Windows XP Stupid Edition doesn't listen to Unlocker. ... Maybe if I can reset the folder file type, ... Understanding and Applying NTFS Permission in Windows XP Professional ... Can't set permissions, no control over computer. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: making progam files rivate to all users buy admin
    ... You need to set permissions on the program folders themselves to block ... Set, View, Change, or Remove File and Folder Permissions in Windows ... Rick Rogers aka "Nutcase" MS-MVP - Windows ... > loaded them before i made the limited user accounts? ...
  • Re: Access Denied?!
    ... How about logging in as "Administrator" and then creating a new user account with admin privileges? ... Ramesh Srinivasan, Microsoft MVP [Windows Shell/User] ... Maybe if I can reset the folder file type, ... Can't set permissions, no control over computer. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Access Denied?!
    ... Ramesh Srinivasan, Microsoft MVP [Windows Shell/User] ... Windows XP Stupid Edition doesn't listen to Unlocker. ... Maybe if I can reset the folder file type, ... Can't set permissions, no control over computer. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)