Re: Windows 2003 domain password policy

Roger, what you say is correct for GINA DLLs, but not password filters.
Password filters should continue to work with Longhorn server unless
Microsoft decides to depreciate the interface. They have not done so
yet, and I don't see why they would as it doesn't exhibit the same
problems as the GINA interface.

Roger Abell [MVP] wrote:
A small added mention I'll make that either route, with cards
or Gina, a sizable cost or/and effort can come from remaining
one domain-ensional for account differentiations.

Without having account (policy) distinctions aligned on intra-forest
boundaries, forest design for authN must invest in careful coding
work or a capability/convenience/cost analysis of Gina products.
If you are considering going these routes I would strongly advise
you to also review Longhorn server innovations and the obsoleting
of the Gina extension model. Vendor choice via their future design
for support could after all, make a valid selector criterion. :-) -

Roger

"John Smith" <nzsms@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Can we have 2 sets of domain password policy? Or we can use Block Policy
Inheritance and Disable No Override option to achieve this.

Any suggestion for best Domain Password Policy pratice? Modify the default
Domain Policy GPO or create a new Password GPO and linked to the root
container?

If we implement a secure password policy now, what may happen to the
existing users? Are they offered a chance to change their password when
they
first log in? How about those laptop mobile VPN users?

  • Re: Windows 2003 domain password policy
    ... Password filters should continue to work with Longhorn server unless ... Microsoft decides to depreciate the interface. ... problems as the GINA interface. ... Any suggestion for best Domain Password Policy pratice? ...
  • Re: Windows 2003 domain password policy
    ... A small added mention I'll make that either route, ... one domain-ensional for account differentiations. ... work or a capability/convenience/cost analysis of Gina products. ... Any suggestion for best Domain Password Policy pratice? ...