Re: Access Denied after changing Servers

It sounds as though you have taken care of the NTFS level permissions,
but have overlooked the share level permissions which with W2k3 would
grant Users Read whereas you need them to have Change.

"Dave Mackler" <dmackler@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
All servers are Server2003, SP1 running active directory.. All
workstations are XP, SP2.

In a remote site the server crashed and was removed. An older server was
setup with a new IP address and name. The "Users" folder was created and
all the users's folders were copied to it. The files were restored from a
backup tape on another server in another location, then copied to a mobile
device, then copied to the new server.

Appropriate security settings were setup and verified. Each user has full
control over his assigned folder, sub-folders and files. A drive mapping
to each individual users' folder is made with the logon script for that
site.

But, no one can create, delete or modify anything. They can read any file
in their folder structure but any time they try and create, delete, or
modify a folder or file the error message is "Access Denied"

I checked security settings and they are correct. I even checked down to
Effective Permissions on the advanced tab for the user's folder, they have
full control. I know this must be something simple but not obvious in
NTFS security. Any guidance is gladly received.

dave Admin

  • Re: Email enable doc lib
    ... navigate to the public folder and send some posts with attachments to the ... Microsoft CSS Online Newsgroup Support ... I have disabled forms base Athentication from the default V.Smtp server ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Outlook not sending mail to 1 contact.
    ... outbound boundary SMTP mail server. ... rerouted internally right back into your account. ... The Outbox folder will only be non-empty DURING an e-mail session. ... e-mail client will move the draft of your e-mail into the Outbox folder ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook.general)
  • Re: Newbie with a smallbiz2000 installation, check my config?
    ... > Windows creates a profile path under Documents & Settings. ... > a folder with that name already exists (maybe a local user with the ... > server, open the properties for this folder, and ensure that you have ... > you redirect key folders from a user's profile to a location on your ...
    (microsoft.public.backoffice.smallbiz2000)
  • Re: Network shares cannot connect
    ... User Name: SERVER$ ... Regarding the shares accessing problem, I suggest you try following steps ... let's focus on the Users Shared Folder first. ... To check this permission, please click the Advanced button, select ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Cannot reply/forward in OWA - Page cannot be displayed
    ... I understand all the pictures in the OWA ... Check if OfficeScan is installed on the SBS server. ... Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. ... Locate the Urlcache folder. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)