Re: failing to retrive CRL from certificate server using new LDAP

In article <B42365CC-E363-4047-AF36-81677F2A6CF1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, in the
microsoft.public.windows.server.security news group, =?Utf-8?B?
TXI1NTU=?= <Mr555@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> says...

we have another window 2000 replicate DC Server it is call "Spoon. the ip
address of spoon is 192.168.1.3, I specify the ip address of 192.168.1.3. on
the certificate setting > LDAP on our netscreen VPN/ Firewall. the automatic
CRL retrive works.

after this test I suspect there may be some default security setting may
have disallow Netscreen to communicate with our windows 2003. do you know or
is there any settting i need to be aware of ?

Windows Server 2003 domain controllers do not allow anonymous access to
the directory by default unlike Windows 2000 domain controllers.

--
Paul Adare - MVP Virtual Machines
It all began with Adam. He was the first man to tell a joke--or a lie.

  • Re: ADAM and Windows Address Book
    ... Since I need a Windows login, the simple bind is of little interest. ... domain account. ... authentication can take place because ADAM does not authenticate accounts ... Checking SSL results in an LDAP simple bind over SSL. ...
  • Re: Isa Server 2004
    ... the ideal environment for ADAM includes the following a computer running Windows Server 2003 ... But is it working with Windows 2000 even if it is not the best environnement ?? ... A computer running Windows Server 2003, Standard Edition; Windows Server 2003, Enterprise Edition; Windows Server 2003, Datacenter Edition; or Windows XP Professional and containing hardware that meets the minimum hardware requirements of each respective operating system ... SQL is used by ISA to store tithe logs info and ADAM to store the configurations info. ...
    (microsoft.public.isaserver)
  • Re: Whaddya know? Ubuntu has BUGS and workarounds. What a pile of crap
    ... Sounds like they can't get their shit together. ... Knowledgebase is a living monument to the stupidy of Windows' twenty ... Microsoft makes excellent software or crap. ... there is Adam the wonder 'tard. ...
  • Re: [OT] [but important] Another cage risk
    ... Adam had difficulty escaping. ... There was a circular road around the lake, and when approaching the lake one would be required to turn either right or left onto the circular road. ... The difficulty of opening the door is something I would have seen coming. ... But not being able to roll down hand-crank windows is something I would not have anticipated. ...
    (rec.motorcycles)
  • Re: Update schema in ADAM from aremote machine
    ... If you made a local windows user an ADAM admin when you installed adam, ... you need to specify the computer name as the domain parameter when you use ... > what is the DN for Windows Administrator? ...