Re: Shared folder permissions

Danny Sanders wrote:
Now Everyone has full permissions to the
folder again. But these two ladies really need exclusive use of this
folder. Is there a practical way to handle this?

Remove everyone and only add the specific people that need access.

hth
DDS W 2k MVP MCSE

That's what I did -- sort of. I added the two ladies and set their
permissions, then I removed Everyone. Maybe I just fumble fingered.
Thanks for all your input.

I'll do another folder as a test folder and be sure the permissions are
working like I want. Then I'll move their files to that one.

  • Re: Minimum NTFS Permissions - Theres such a thing???
    ... ?2001 Microsoft Corporation. ... HOW TO: Set Minimum NTFS Permissions Required for IIS 5.0 to Work WGID:198 ... " List Folder Contents" ...
  • Re: Unable to delete orphaned 1.5 GB System Restore folder
    ... The fact that the tech support is based in India has nothing to do with the ... If so you may want to leave this folder alone. ... down to all children folders because i can set those permissions to ... try deleting from the command line using system by using the AT ...
  • Re: Unable to delete orphaned 1.5 GB System Restore folder
    ... The only computers i fix are my own. ... If so you may want to leave this folder alone. ... it includes all subdirectories with inherited permissions. ... try deleting from the command line using system by using the AT ...
  • Re: share folder permissions
    ... B Group -> Read only permissions over ALL the sub-folders and files ... List Folder Contents, Read, and Write. ... Usually we just add Domain Admins FC, and Authenticated Users, Change. ... Then whatever is set in the folder structure using NTFS will dicate their effective permissions. ...
  • Re: Word mail merge data source
    ... "Peter Jamieson" wrote: ... Word on it) then there may be a problem if the folder containing the data ... Word builds a connection string. ... superset of other users' permissions - for example, ...
    (microsoft.public.word.vba.general)