SBS new user wizard -v- manual user setup

Background:

Win2003 SBS. At first I was setting up users manualy ie creat user, insert profile path d:\users\username then was told [I think on this ng] to allow wizard to create everything.

Now today I add user with wizard and OS creates account but profile and default path are blank. When I log on with new user, system creates d:\pub\username with my docus in it. Only problem is d:\pub is shared resource and everyone see everyones product.

Manually changed several users folders under \pub to restrict access to user and admin, but then I notice that my manual creations have my docus in d:\users\username and they are hidden from network. Also this \userename folder has many more folders [including hidden system folders] than \pub which seems to mainly have my docus.

Please point me in correct direction to discover my misunderstanding of correct procedure and also, if I am assuming correctly that the system SHOULD be building user folders at d:\users\username thereby hidden, is there an easy way to xfer existing d:\pub accounts to proper location?

Thanks in advance.

  • Re: Help with Batch File
    ... %userprofile% will get you to the location of the user's profile path, but if you are using redirected folders then the desktop folder may not be located off of the same path. ...
    (microsoft.public.scripting.vbscript)
  • Re: About email accounts, email folders and backups via activesync on WM6.1
    ... I am totally new to pocketpc's and activesync and I did some reading ... I managed to sync outlook from the laptop to the ... So I assume I have to set up an email account to be able ... outbox, trash, and all other folders that can only be synced with my ...
    (microsoft.public.pocketpc)
  • Re: PC folder has stopped sharing over network!
    ... So following Jim's principle I've just tried creating a new user account on the PC - "Kids2", and enabled sharing on its component folders. ... There is a security tab that lists the access permissions and you can add to these to "open" the account in any way you wish. ... I've just been in to the security tab, and the access permissions for both kids and administrator are set to "Full Control". ... I browsed around all the tabs, and can't see any differences at all between the settings for kids and administrator. ...
    (uk.comp.misc)
  • Re: Why so many My Docs?
    ... XP is a multi-user operating system, no matter if only one person is using it. ... In all multi-user operating systems - NT, Win2k, XP, Unix, Linux, Mac OS X - there is the one built-in account that is "god" on the system. ... In Windows terminology, that is "Administrator". ... My Computer - represents your entire computer, showing drives and shared folders. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: File & Transfer Wizard wont recognize CD drive
    ... >From the user account that is already set up: ... If you use Signatures, you should put them in a text file and change ... Express mail folders as a single compressed, ... folders saved in your backup file. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)