Re: Can't enable Certificate Template???

In article <1148670824.547130.150610@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, in
the microsoft.public.windows.server.security news group, Joshua
<jgardiner@xxxxxxxxx> says...

I'm running Windows 2003 Standard, not enterprise, so that makes a lot
of sense. How can I replicate a template and have it not create a V2
template? I'm running an Enterpise CA, not a standalone for what its
worth.

You can't. Unless you want to use the default V1 templates, you're going
to have to upgrade your CA to Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Edition.

--
Paul Adare - MVP Virtual Machines
It all began with Adam. He was the first man to tell a joke--or a lie.

  • Re: Cant enable Certificate Template???
    ... The only changes you can make to a V1 template are on the security tab. ... server without purchasing 2k3 Enterprise. ... in Enterprise that aren't in Standard, this is simply one of them. ... It all began with Adam. ...
  • Re: Cant enable Certificate Template???
    ... recreated the duplicate template, everything. ... certificate template creates a V2 certificate template, ... multiple groups by specifying the multiple groups in the newsgroups ... It all began with Adam. ...
  • Re: Help issuing computer certificate template not available?
    ... and IAS Server Athentication" template certificate, ... published certificate template for this. ... It all began with Adam. ...
  • Re: Certificate Request Question
    ... The problem is under the Certificate Template ... Web Server template that I need. ... It all began with Adam. ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Multiple Links - Possible to Change Source in one step?
    ... I've a created a PowerPoint master (template) document with about 40 links ... I need to replicate this template for 20 ... I can't figure out how to update the link source in each ...
    (microsoft.public.powerpoint)