Re: add user to local administrators group

Use Restricted Groups - http://support.microsoft.com/?id=228496

Martin

Staff wrote:
Dear all,

Can I add user to local administrators group via group policy?

Many thanks for your reply!

  • Re: remove local admin right in 200 client computer
    ... You could use Group Policy Restricted Groups using "members of this group" ... to enforce membership of the local administrators group. ...
  • Re: server local admin group
    ... You can add the domain group to the local administrators group manually ... using lusrmgr.msc on each server or via Group Policy Restricted Groups ... "member of" if you have a large number of servers to do such to. ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • RE: Local user policy
    ... > Thank you for posting to the SBS Newsgroup. ... > When client computer starts up, the command will be executed by system ... > account to add the domain users group to local administrators group. ... You are in the Group Policy Object Editor. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • RE: Please Help With Using Restricted Groups
    ... I tried one of your suggestions, of adding the DNS suffix. ... a GPO for the OU I am targeting for the restricted groups. ... An additional step I took was to make the group policy users and computers ... > check the DNS settings on the machine and ensure its DNS suffix and DNS ...
  • RE: Local user policy
    ... Thank you for posting to the SBS Newsgroup. ... local administrators group on client computers. ... account to add the domain users group to local administrators group. ... You are in the Group Policy Object Editor. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)