Re: How to set special folder permissions in a script?

Thanks. I'd looked at the xcacls.vbs script but didn't realize how
the output from cacls related the the inputs required by xcacls.
You're right, it has everythin we need and we came up with a script
that was pretty straightforward for our needs.

Here's the guts of what we came up with:

ECHO Applying permissions to '%TARGET%'

SET IUSR=%COMPUTERNAME%\IUSR_%COMPUTERNAME%

ECHO Setting permissions on %TARGET%

SET GRANT=%COMPUTERNAME%\IIS_WPG:R
SET GRANT=%GRANT% "NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM:F"
SET GRANT=%GRANT% BUILTIN\Administrators:F
SET GRANT=%GRANT% BUILTIN\Users:R

SET DENY=%IUSR%:A
SET DENY=%DENY% %IUSR%:3
SET DENY=%DENY% %IUSR%:2
SET DENY=%DENY% %IUSR%:5
SET DENY=%DENY% %IUSR%:7
SET DENY=%DENY% %IUSR%:9

cscript.exe xcacls.vbs %TARGET% /T /G %GRANT% /D %DENY%

Thanks again,

Sam

On Thu, 18 May 2006 07:50:52 -0700, "Roger Abell [MVP]"