Re: How to set special folder permissions in a script?

Go to microsoft.com downloads and search for and obtain
xcacls.vbs as it examples all that can be done with vbs without
wrappering from the NetFx namespace and as far as I have
discovered is able to set any possible ACE. Use the builtin
syntax help, not just the external doc you will see available,
as the external does not quite have everything (at least the
last time I reviewed it).

"Samuel R. Neff" <samuelneff@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

We're having a problem with permissions being messed up when we deploy
a new version of our web application. We'd like to reset permissions
with a script--batch file or vbs.

How can we set the special permissions in a script? neither cacls.exe
or xcacls.exe seem to support setting them. Special permissions print
out fine but I don't see any way to replicate these settings:

c:\Inetpub\wwwroot SAM2003\IUSR_SAM2003:(OI)(CI)(DENY)(special
access:)

DELETE
FILE_WRITE_DATA
FILE_APPEND_DATA
FILE_WRITE_EA
FILE_DELETE_CHILD
FILE_WRITE_ATTRIBUTES

SAM2003\IIS_WPG:(OI)(CI)R
NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM:(OI)(CI)F
BUILTIN\Administrators:(OI)(CI)F
BUILTIN\Users:(OI)(CI)R

It's the first one, SAM2003\IUSER_SAM2003 that's a problem. How do
you set those special permissions with cacls/xcacls?

Thanks,

Sam

.