Remote desktop: cannot logon interactively (please help...)

Hi

Using Windows XP

Sorry if I'm in the wrong place (wouldn't be surprised, its been one of
those days). Anyway, to cut a long story short, I have a small test network
for dev work. The two dev machines just belong to Workgroup (I don't
generally fire up the server as it's real noisy and this is a small office),
i.e. no domain controller.

Whilst trying to figure out another problem (to do with SQL Server
security), I fired up my server (SBS 2003) and joined my two dev machines
to my domain. After failing to solve the sql server problem (like I said...
not a good day), I shut down the server and returned the two dev machines to
their original state (i.e. no Domain, just Workgroup) and rebooted etc.

The problem I have now is that neither dev machine can connet to the other
using remote desktop. This is a serious pain as one of the machines is a
laptop.

I search the net and MS and found lots of solutions to slightly different
setup, none of which worked.

On both machines in the security settings the "Terminal Server" group is
included in the "Logon locally" policy and the "Allow users to logon
remotely" option is ticked.

I have no idea whats gone wrong :@(

Any help much appreciated

Mark

  • RE: Problem in deployment using MSI
    ... MSI's from dev machines and install it on 2003 servers. ... Are you additing any additional resources to your application apart ... machine, exposed as web service, to another 2003 server machine, we faced no ... deployment was developed on a 2003 server machine and deployed on another ...
    (microsoft.public.biztalk.general)
  • Re: include not found??
    ... Unless you're developing on a server OS it's hard to use include virtual as ... the path will be different on your production and dev machines. ... > both the local-disk as well as on the server after publishing it. ... > I sort of created an .asp file with an DSN-less connection to my database ...
  • Re: Remote Printing with RWW Help Req.
    ... through remote desktop from a laptop located in a Windows 2003 LAN, ... Firstly please go to RWW page and Connect to Server or Client Desktops, ... The local printer's driver is not for Windows Server 2003, ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • RE: RWW users disconnected from Remote Desktop
    ... Remote Web Workplace remote desktop sessions may be disconnected. ... Do you have a server that might be offline at the present time? ... be contacted then the RWW will timeout and take additional time. ... the user can work without disconnection for any ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • RE: RPc server is unavailable since SP1
    ... DC to Member Server and Member Server to DC and also to clients. ... When SP1 was installed, there were no errors. ... > interface security settings before the installation of SP1 will be lost. ... > automatically update the DCOM security settings for enrollees from outside ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)