Is Windows 2003 firewall safe?

I want to setup Windows 2003 + Exchange 2003 server with to network
adapters: one for the intranet, and the other for the internet.

Is it safe to use Windows 2003 built-it firewall on the external adapter to
block everything but mail and dns ports (53, 25, 110, etc)? If not, can I
install ISA 2004 firewall to protect it (i.e is Exchange 2003 compatible
with ISA in the same machine?)

Ideally it would be better to have an external firewall but I can't afford
it ($$$).

Thanks!

  • Re: Is Windows 2003 firewall safe?
    ... What do you mean by "The ISA version you mention is dated"? ... It is always best to not place critical infrastructure right ... The W2k3 firewall is good at what it does and it will cause all ... Is it safe to use Windows 2003 built-it firewall on the external adapter ...
  • Re: ISA SERVER 2004 STANDARD EDITION
    ... give ISA a fixed IP address and point the default gateway from the external adapter to the router. ...
    (microsoft.public.isa)