Web Certificate Enrollment problem

Have a problem that many others have, but haven't found any solution in KB
or another NG Post. There are hints that something has to be ajusted with
dcomcfg, but not any hint what has to be changed.

- Have an enterprise CA on a Windows 2003 SP1 enterprise edition member
server
- Have the Certificate Web Enrollment Website installed on another Windows
2003 SP1 member server
- Have enabled "trust this computer for delegation" on the computer with the
Certificate Enrollment Website according KB 239452
- Rebooted both member servers
- Have tried with either Windows and Basic authentication

When requesting a certificate, after the Website shortly displays
"processing request", the following error appears:

Error

Your request failed. An error occurred while the server was processing your
request.

Contact your administrator for further assistance.

Request Mode:
newreq - New Request
Disposition:
(never set)
Disposition message:
(none)
Result:
Access is denied. 0x80070005 (WIN32: 5)
COM Error Info:
CCertRequest::Submit Access is denied. 0x80070005 (WIN32: 5)
LastStatus:
The operation completed successfully. 0x0 (WIN32: 0)
Suggested Cause:
The Certification Authority Service has not been started.
Thank you all in advance for any suggestions.
Franz

begin 666 certspc.gif
M1TE&.#EA`0`!`+,``````+\```"_`+^_````O[\`OP"_O\# P(" @/\```#_
H`/__````__\`_P#______R'Y! $```\`+ `````!``$```0"\$4`.P``
`
end

  • Web Certificate Enrollment security problem
    ... There are hints that something has to be ajusted with ... Have the Certificate Web Enrollment Website installed on another Windows ... 2003 SP1 member server ... Your request failed. ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • ssl and iis server windows 2003
    ... When I try to request a certificate from the CA authority ... member server to domain)I get this error:No certificate ... a article mentioning a permissions problem but that was ...
  • SSL and Server Windows 2003
    ... When I try to request a certificate from the CA ... member server to domain)I get this error:No certificate ... a article mentioning a permissions problem but that was ...
  • Re: Computer and User Certificates Issues
    ... Enrollment of User Certificates using the custom v2 User Certificate Template ... I can NOT request the custom v2 Computer Cert nor the included v1 no ... Concerning permissions, these are the exact permissions I am using now: ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: Cannot request computer certificate.
    ... request a computer certificate for about 9 months. ... and verify that you can get a computer/server certificate from it. ... List of NetBt transports currently bound to the Redir ... DNS Host Name: srvr3.domain.com ...