news:%23fVVtQEOGHA.2884@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
What happens if you take XWall out of the mixture ?
(why XWall at all ? why at 3.34 instead of 3.36 ?)

"Mr Durand" <eldocomp@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:uGAUmJAOGHA.1676@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I have a Dell PowerEdge 2550 server running Windows 2003 SP1 and have
strange behavior occurring every 7-14 days. The server will always
respond to a ping however when the problems start, I notice services start
becoming choppy in response and eventually do not respond at all....when
it gets into this state, I cannot access the system with RDP and the
actual system console loses the Ctrl-Alt-Del screen which was displayed
prior to the trouble starting.

The server runs the following apps/services

IIS 6.0
Windows SharePoint Services
MSDE for SharePoint
XWall 3.34

The server is protected by firewall appliances and the event logs show no
signs of any trouble on the system at anytime. A straight 2 hour Dell
hardware diag run reflected no problems on the system whatsoever.

Any idea what direction I can take to resolve the issue? I'm convinced
it is software and maybe even specifically with the lsass engine but
can't confirm without any event entries to go on. This doesn't happen
frequently though it does consistently happen. The server has 3GB of RAM
and everytime I look in on it, it has more than half of the physical RAM
available with normal paging.

I'm stumped....I'll call PSS if I have to but the problem is I can't
force the problem to occur making it more difficult to troubleshoot.

Dave
Phoenix, Arizona

  • Re: CTRL-ALT-DEL SCREEN VANISHES
    ... I was wondering at your listing XWall but not Exchange. ... The server will always ... no signs of any trouble on the system at anytime. ...
  • Re: CTRL-ALT-DEL SCREEN VANISHES
    ... What happens if you take XWall out of the mixture? ... The server runs the following apps/services ... signs of any trouble on the system at anytime. ... and everytime I look in on it, it has more than half of the physical RAM ...
  • Re: Removing XWall
    ... Have you chatted with the support folks at XWall about this? ... they may be doing something to the SMTP Service. ... clear initially- so while the issue is with the Exchange Server ... Mark Arnold wrote: ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange.admin)