Re: Permanently disable SMB signing

In Local Security Policy [secpol.msc] there are four options for "digitally
sign communications" of which you can disable at least the two for "always"
and if that does not work try disabling all four options. --- Steve

"kevin via WinServerKB.com" <u10005@uwe> wrote in message
Hi,

Is there any way to permanently disable SMB signing in Windows Server
2003?
I have to mount from a linux server to this Windows server, but after
restarting the server, the SMB signing just restored which stopped
mounting
from the linux server. Anyway to disable SMB signing which wouldn't
restore
after restarting of the server?

Thanks.

  • Re: Temporarily disable SBS Services
    ... removing/replacing the disks and restoring the image. ... restore them separately. ... I assume you mean stopping and disabling the Microsoft Exchange Information ... SQL Server ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Temporarily disable SBS Services
    ... removing/replacing the disks and restoring the image. ... restore them separately. ... I assume you mean stopping and disabling the Microsoft Exchange Information ... SQL Server ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: What are the best general things to do after a dirty shutdown (Server SBS)
    ... Could not open NTDS Service on ALPHA, ... I had some similar issues wiht one customer on Win2008, and disabling IPv6 took care of it. ... Verifying that the local machine ALPHA, is a Directory Server. ... The DFS Replication Event Log. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: SMB Siging
    ... that server and enable "when possible" for the server setting. ... should allow non smb signing aware clients to access it, ... > But I can't log in with the ms-dos client without disabling Digitally sign ... > communications on the server. ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: Slow Network Speed from 2008 Server
    ... Network Adaptor properties which are a bit scary. ... I'm running AD on it as well as SQL Server 2005. ... noticed after setting up a Virtual machine, that the DHCP didn't ...