Re: Auto-renewing certs w/ VPN clients

The link below may help if you have not seen it yet and assumes your CA is
installed on Windows 2003 Enterprise Server which is required for version 2
templates that can be used for autoenrollment via Group Policy. Offhand I
don't know for sure if the VPN renewal will work as you plan it but you
could test that by creating a test template that has a short lifetime with a
matching renewal period that is limited to be requested and issues to a few
test machines to try it with via a VPN connection. --- Steve

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/windowsserver2003/technologies/security/autoenro.mspx

"Jeff Vandervoort" <jeffv @ jrvsystems dot com> wrote in message
Setting up an L2TP/IPSec VPN. VPN Clients will be AD domain members.
WS2003 SP1 functional-level domain & Enterprise CA.

Group Policy is set to auto-renew certs as they expire. VPN Clients will
be connecting on demand from existing Windows sessions (not using "Log on
using dialup"). The script that makes the VPN connection will include
GPUPDATE /FORCE /WAIT:0.

1. Will these VPN clients have their certs auto-renewed?

2. If not, is there a way to script that?

3. How long prior to expiration are certs auto-renewed?

--
Jeff Vandervoort
JRVsystems

  • RE: another VPN problem, arror 721/800
    ... > message 721/800 when you try to access the SBS Server via VPN. ... but now you cannot correctly use VPN on an other Windows XP SP2. ... When i create another VPN connection where i ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • RE: another VPN problem, arror 721/800
    ... " When I create another VPN connection where I won't ... state my public IP address but just the internal name of the SBS server, ... Click Start, point to Settings -> Control Panel, double-click Windows ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • RE: VPN Connection from Vista
    ... I changed the type of VPN from automatic to PPTP, and disabled IPv6, ... specific Windows Vista client or all Windows Vista machines? ... Do you use L2TP-IPsec VPN connection behind NAT on Vista ...
    (microsoft.public.isa)
  • Re: VPN Site-to-site stops working after applying SP1 - HotFix 8976651 didnt work!
    ... Networking, Internet, Routing, VPN Troubleshooting on ... I have a VPN connection like below: ... Before applying Windows 2003 SP1 the connection between the networks ...
  • RE: VPN Connection Problem
    ... since you cannot make a VPN connection over your ... 825763 How to configure Internet access in Windows Small Business Server ... Encapsulation (GRE) protocol traffic. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)