Re: Simple File Sharing question

Yep, and as I do not recall seeing the policy for forceguest being
set in local or AD based policy so as to be effective on join, I do
think it is in the wiring so it cannot be reversed by policy after join.
But, then again, as I have no use for simple sharing mode, I have
not gone there and investigated.

"Steven L Umbach" <n9rou@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>I don't know for sure that it would work as I should have said it "could"
>work. Now that I think about it more, for a domain computer the best option
>is to enforce the security option network access:sharing and security model
>to be classic. --- Steve
>

> "Roger Abell [MVP]" <mvpNoSpam@xxxxxxx> wrote in message
>> Whoa, I have never thought of trying that to see if it works.
>> (not that I would like a system that way, but I had thought the
>> switching on domain join was hard-wired).
>>
>> --
>> Roger Abell
>> Microsoft MVP (Windows Server : Security)
>>
>> "Steven L Umbach" <n9rou@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>>> If the user is not a local administrator then that logon script would
>>> fail though a Group Policy startup script would work but you are right
>>> in that for domain computers this should already be done. Maybe the
>>> users are local administrators and decided to change it back to simple
>>> file aring. --- Steve
>>>

>>> "M Irusalimsky, MCSA" <irusalimsky@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

  • Fwd: Oh Dear, Where to start?!
    ... It seems to me you need two things: an organizational policy, ... finish college and break into the real world of computer security. ... experience in the field of network security and policy ... updates, driver updates, and recommended updates. ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • RE: [fw-wiz] PIX vs Checkpoint vs Sonicwall vs Netscreen - comme nts?
    ... All NetScreen appliances rely on custom-designed ASICs (Application ... Specific Integrated Circuits) for security policy enforcement. ... supports a finite number of "rules" or "policies". ...
    (Firewall-Wizards)
  • RE: Cant set Local Security policies. They fail to save
    ... predefined Security Template on SBS 2003 to restore security groups ... run "gpupdate.exe /force" under command prompt to force the policy ... reboot the Server to test. ... and then logon to client computer to test if user can save system logs. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: GPO Update Problem (SYSVOL access via UNC)
    ... Server Security and Auditing Policy ... This list only includes links in the domain of the GPO. ... The settings in this GPO can only apply to the following groups, users, ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.group_policy)
  • RE: [fw-wiz] PIX vs Checkpoint vs Sonicwall vs Netscreen - comme nts?
    ... The report you cite is CheckPoint originated and deals with older NetScreen ... All NetScreen appliances rely on custom-designed ASICs (Application ... Specific Integrated Circuits) for security policy enforcement. ...
    (Firewall-Wizards)