Re: Shares$

Hi Kevin,

You will have to edit local (or domain) policy.

If you want to edit local policy on the computer open policy editor by e.g.
going to Start -> Run and enter here gpedit.msc... Once the policy editor is
loaded go under Computer Configuration -> Windows Settings -> Security
Settings -> Local Policies -> Security Options.

Here look for a policy called "Network Security: Sharing and security model
for local accoutns" and change it from "Guest only - local users
authenticate as Guest" to "Classic - local users authenticate as themselves"

--
Mike
Microsoft MVP - Windows Security

"Kevin Wheeler" <kevin.wheeler@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> When I go to map a drive to d$, I'm prompted to enter username and
> password
> credentials. However, the username box is grayed out with the guest
> account
> in it, won't let you change it at all. No matter what password I enter
> doesn't work because the guest account is disabled. What security
> settings
> are causing this?
>

> Kevin

  • Fwd: Oh Dear, Where to start?!
    ... It seems to me you need two things: an organizational policy, ... finish college and break into the real world of computer security. ... experience in the field of network security and policy ... updates, driver updates, and recommended updates. ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • RE: [fw-wiz] PIX vs Checkpoint vs Sonicwall vs Netscreen - comme nts?
    ... All NetScreen appliances rely on custom-designed ASICs (Application ... Specific Integrated Circuits) for security policy enforcement. ... supports a finite number of "rules" or "policies". ...
    (Firewall-Wizards)
  • RE: Cant set Local Security policies. They fail to save
    ... predefined Security Template on SBS 2003 to restore security groups ... run "gpupdate.exe /force" under command prompt to force the policy ... reboot the Server to test. ... and then logon to client computer to test if user can save system logs. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: GPO Update Problem (SYSVOL access via UNC)
    ... Server Security and Auditing Policy ... This list only includes links in the domain of the GPO. ... The settings in this GPO can only apply to the following groups, users, ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.group_policy)
  • RE: [fw-wiz] PIX vs Checkpoint vs Sonicwall vs Netscreen - comme nts?
    ... The report you cite is CheckPoint originated and deals with older NetScreen ... All NetScreen appliances rely on custom-designed ASICs (Application ... Specific Integrated Circuits) for security policy enforcement. ...
    (Firewall-Wizards)