Re: Shares$

Hi Kevin,

You will have to edit local (or domain) policy.

If you want to edit local policy on the computer open policy editor by e.g.
going to Start -> Run and enter here gpedit.msc... Once the policy editor is
loaded go under Computer Configuration -> Windows Settings -> Security
Settings -> Local Policies -> Security Options.

Here look for a policy called "Network Security: Sharing and security model
for local accoutns" and change it from "Guest only - local users
authenticate as Guest" to "Classic - local users authenticate as themselves"

--
Mike
Microsoft MVP - Windows Security

.