Re: firewall recommendation

It's sufficient, depending on your security needs. But if you have $600 US,
you might consider something like www.netscreen.com It has much more robust
features, including more improved logging, signature-based intrusion
prevention and intrusion detection, filtering of outbound connections,
bandwidth shaping, reporting, VPN, etc.

The logging features of the Windows firewall are truly terrible. Entries go
to a text file which you open with notepad. No reporting whatsoever, unless
you write and parse your own. It is meant to be good enough for most uses.
I recommend people use the Windows firewall because it is good enough, but
don't expect it to be a fully featured firewall, or else you will be very
very very sorely disappointed.

Programming a firewall with no outbound filtering is just ridiculous.

.