Re: Windows 2000 local accounts

From: Roger Abell [MVP] (mvpNoSpam_at_asu.edu)
Date: 11/16/05

Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2005 22:51:50 -0700

As you noted, system state will give you more than you will
want restored into the new system.
The old fashioned way still works, if the number of groups is
not too extensive.
i.e.
net localgroup groupname1 > c:\grpfile.txt
net localgroup groupname2 >> c:\grpfile.txt
net localgroup groupname3 >> c:\grpfile.txt
etc editied into your dump bat file

The result grpfile.txt then has to get massaged so that
it is a bat file holding a long list of

net localgroup groupname1 /add
net localgroup groupname1 domain\globalgrpA /add
net localgroup groupname1 domain\globalgrpB /add

etc. based on the dumped info altered to define what
was there in the old system.

Today, we dump out the group info with a script, and
then define the groups and populate them with another.

--
Roger Abell
Microsoft MVP (Windows Server : Security)