Certificate Template Name: CA

From: sf (security.faq_at_gmail.com)
Date: 10/21/05

Date: 20 Oct 2005 20:35:34 -0700

Hi,

I'm trying to configure a Enterprise Certificate authority (Windows
Server 2003, Enterprise Edition) and need to customize the root
certificate. I'm aware that I can set certain
parameters in capolicy.inf.
I'd like to remove "Certificate Template Name: CA" from root
certificate, how do I do this?

Many thanks in advance for any help.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Signtool doesnt add entire chain when signing files
    ... you only need to ensure that the intermediate certificates are included in the signature so that the client can build a chain to the root. ... The root needs to be installed as a trusted root certificate on the client in order for the client to trust the certificate. ... Given that you don't have any intermediate certificates, it doesn't matter or not whether they are included in the signature so it should not matter if there is any difference between the wizard mode and the command line tool mode. ...
    (microsoft.public.platformsdk.security)
  • Error
    ... I have your WS 2008 PKI and Certificate Security book. ... These surfaced when trying to publish my root ... CertUtil: A referral was returned from the server. ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Certutil error
    ... After I ran cmd as an administrator it published the CRL and CRT file in the AD without error. ... I have your WS 2008 PKI and Certificate Security book. ... These surfaced when trying to publish my root ... CertUtil: A referral was returned from the server. ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: Schannel CertificateChainValidation failing
    ... I am not fully up to speed with certs (root, end entity, ... valid Windows trusted root cert. ... You've enabled certificate revocation checking, and the validation code ...
    (microsoft.public.platformsdk.security)
  • Re: Certificate chain issue with Ent Sub Ca & stand alone Root CA
    ... certificate and I get a "Cannot verify certificate chain. ... revocation because the revocation server was offline. ... the root ca? ... Online>>> Online Enterprise Subordinate CA ...