Re: Unknown User Account or Spyware?

From: Steven L Umbach (n9rou_at_nospam-comcast.net)
Date: 09/12/05

Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2005 21:23:36 -0500

Roger explained about the unknown account. As far as internet connection you
could run the command ipconfig /all on both of your computers to see if they
are configured the same for preferred dns servers. Possibly the other
computer has another dns server listed in its preferred dns server list.
Keep in mind however that Windows 2003 can be configured as its own dns
server if dns is installed on it and could be required to if it is a domain
controller. It could still resolve internet host names using either by
forwarding to your ISP dns servers or using "root hints". The command
nslookup is also helpful in checking for proper dns name resolution. The
link below contains info on using dns in Windows 2000/2003 server. ---
Steve

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb%3Ben-us%3B291382